- City Services
HOURS OF OPERATION
Public drop-in hours are Mon-Fri, 8:30am-4:30pm(closed statutory holidays)
The Finance department is also available by phone: 250-837-2161
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please respect all markers and signage at City facilities regarding physical distancing and best practices for reducing the spread of COVID-19.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
PROPERTY TAX INSTALLMENT PROGRAM
Property owners are reminded that they have the option of paying property taxes by monthly installment.
Applications are now being accepted for 2022. Payments for new applications start in January 2022. Final date to apply is April 30, 2022. *
Property owners who are already enrolled do not need to re-apply.
* Some terms apply. Applicants who submit later than January 15th will need to make up installment payments to the current date. (see full regulations on our website).
B.C.’s HOMEOWNER GRANT
All residential property owners can now claim their 2022 grant with the Province.
B.C. municipalities are no longer accepting grant applications.
How to apply?
- apply online at gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant
- call 1 888 355 2700, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
It is quick, easy and secure - claim your grant online.
Pay for business licenses, property taxes, utilities and accounts receivable online. Accepted payments can be made through:
TD, Scotiabank, RBC, CIBC, BMO and Revelstoke Credit Union.
Search ”Revelstoke” as a payee on online banking. An option referencing taxes (City of Taxes, Property Taxes, or Taxes) will appear, choose this option. Use your account number listed on the invoice as the account number when making payments.
Sign up for paperless notification of property taxes, utilities, accounts receivable, and cash receipts.
Fill in the Consent Form and return via:
by mail: City of Revelstoke, PO Box 170, Revelstoke, BC, V0E 2S0
Or in person to the Finance Department
The Finance and Information Technology (IT) Department is responsible for the financial management of the municipality and ensures that statutory requirements relating to finance are carried out.
The department's functions include:
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Collection of fees for:
- Financial investments
- Management of the cemetery database
- Preparation of budgets and the annual financial plan
- Property taxes and utility billing
- Risk management and insurance
The department strives to provide timely and accurate financial information to facilitate the decision-making needs of the City Council, senior management, and external stakeholders.
The department also provides IT services such as:
- A wide-area network that links municipal facilities
- Managing computer systems, equipment, and software applications
- Support services for users