Important Information for Participants
What to do:
Have simple designs:
- Having a simple, easy to paint design will allow you to paint your banner in the time allocated (3 hours).
- Your banner will be easy to see from the streets displaying the desired effect.
- The theme should stand out.
What NOT to do:
- Avoid small details, images, or text on your banner design:
- Small details and images are hard to see once hung and do not create the desired effect.
- Text is not permitted on banners (excluding business logos) as the text will show backwards on 1 side.
- No logos. Business banners will have their business name pre painted on the bottom of the banners and ready for the banner design to be painted by the business or hired artist. All text will be the same for continuity.
Please be aware...
- You must register in advance at the Community Centre.
- Numbers are limited; only those registered are to arrive at the Visual Arts Centre to paint.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by 1 adult. (Please adhere to this so we can maintain capacity regulations.)
- To keep the program running smoothly and on time, it is critical for painters to arrive and finish within the 3 hour time slot.
- If you need to confirm or change your painting date, please call the Community Centre at 250-837-9351 #3.
- Once the banners are taken down, they are delivered to the Revelstoke Community Centre. The contact's name and number given at registration will be called for banner pick up.
- Copyright images will not be accepted, so be sure to make it your own!
- REMEMBER TO SIGN YOUR BANNER